My most recent conference presentations and public events include:
– “Kill all in authority” – anarchism and violence in the work of David Hoyle, TaPRA, University of Abersytwyth, September 2018.
– “‘From Egypt to Scotland, across borders and genders’– National Theatre Scotland’s Adam and the figure of the trans migrant”, IFTR/FIRT, University of Arts Belgrade, June 2018.
– Between Strangers symposium, organised as part of Take Me Somewhere festival, Glasgow, May 2018.
– Optimism at the End of the World, invited paper at London Theatre Seminar, London, December 2017.
– Illegible Laughter: recognition and effacement in the work of La Ribot, TaPRA, The University of Salford, Manchester, August 2017.
– Queer Fun, Royal Vauxhall Tavern, London, June 2017.
– ‘The Familiar Stranger: Gender and Citizenship in the Border Performances of Tanja Ostojić’, Spaces of Exile: Performing Borders in Europe, Tramway, Glasgow, June 2017.
– ‘Disgusting bodies: Martin O’Brien and the performance of (auto)immunity’, Theatres of Contagion: Infectious Performance, Birkbeck University of London, May 2017.
– Solo performance in Europe. Goethe Institute sponsored panel, SIDEBURNS symposium at //BUZZCUT// festival, Glasgow, April 2017.
– ‘Performing mindfulness: self-care and the responsible subject’, The Art of Care-full Practice Symposium at Take Me Somewhere festival, Glasgow, March 2017.
– ‘Minor literatures/dramaturgies: the figure of the outsider in Frank B’s Milk + Blood’, TaPRA, University of Bristol, September 2016.
– ‘Queer Ressentiment and History as Progress: The Backwards Drag of Margaret Thatcher Queen of Soho’, IFTR/FIRT, University of Stockholm, July 2016.
– Scottee’s Party Politics: EU Referendum debate. Invited panelist. Hackney Showrooms, London, June 2016.
– ‘After The Arches: Queer Space, Clubbing and Glasgow’s Culture Wars’, Queer Performance Now, Kings College London, June 2016.
– Screening of Ghost In The Shell and panel discussion on queer cyborgs, staged as part of Scottish Queer International Film Festival / EXPLORATHON, Glasgow, September 2015.
– ‘Laughing in the wrong places: complicity in feminist and queer performance’, presented at TaPRA, University of Worcester, September 2015.
– ‘Ron Athey in conversation’, staged as part of Glasgay 2014. Gilmorehill Centre, Glasgow. November 2014.
– ‘The problem with (queer) martyrs’, presented in absentia at TaPRA, Royal Holloway University London, September 2014.
– ‘Temporal attachments: queer time and the (re)staging of monogamy’, presented at Queer Futures group, FIRT/IFTR, Warwick, July 2014.
– ‘What’s Next for Queer Performance?’ Panel discussion presented as part of Glasgay! 2013 with Martin O’Connor, Stef Smith and John Binnie. Gilmorehill Centre, Glasgow. October 2013.
– ‘Performing chronic time’, presented at TaPRA, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, September 2013.
– ‘Affects of optimism’, presented at Queer Futures group, FIRT/IFTR, Barcelona, July 2013.
– ‘Apprehending queerness: representation after visibility’, presented at TaPRA, University of Kent, Canterbury, September 2012.
– ‘Authentically Queer’, PSi#18, University of Leeds, June 2012.
– ‘Queer/Welsh and Welsh/Queer: performing hybrid identity’, presented at Performing Wales: Theatre, Art, Identities (annual conference of AWWE), Newtown, Powys, April 2012.
– ‘I see no mountain: autobiography and identity in the Welsh landscape’, presented at TAPRA, Cardiff, September 2010.
– ‘Queer constituencies: theorising (un)marked identities in applied performance practice’, presented at Theatre Applications, Central School of Speech and Drama, London, April 2010.
– ‘Mutant stages: memes and the reproduction of performance’, presented at Making and Thinking: Performance and Philosophy as Participation, Centre for Theatre, Performance and Philosophy, University of Aberystwyth, January 2009.